Make your Designer Sherwani from Scratch!!!
- Can I actually design Sherwani for my own wedding?
- What fabric should I choose?
Keep all the questions intact and see how this blog answers all of them!
Whatever occasion you are planning to wear this sherwani, either for a Wedding, Sangeet, Baraat, Mehendi, Bhajan Pooja or more. You will know soon, how easy it is to Design the Sherwani.
The following steps will give you apt guidance to make your own Designer Sherwani for all occasions.
Step 1: Decide the Pattern of the Sherwani
Roughly decide the design or the pattern of the Sherwani, we will help you to align the ideas:
- Colour: Colour of the Sherwani may be the primary thing to start with like blue, black, maroon, white or experiment with peach this time.
- Style: The classic Sherwani has a chinese collar pattern, the jacket has button in the middle, the length is approximately till the knees.
- Bottoms: You can select from “dhoti style”, “churidar”, “pyjama”, “patiala” or “pant style” for the bottom of the Sherwani.
- Colour of the Bottoms: You can pick from contrast to same colour bottom. Bright to Light colour depending the pattern and fabric.
- Sherwani can be with Embroidery or no embroidery. One can add some embroidery on the collar or a motif on the chest.
Step 2: Designer Fabrics
- Visit Saroj Fabrics Store near to you. Saroj Fabrics stores are located in Mumbai (Khar, Borivali), Pune and Jaipur which gives an elaborate choice for the Sherwani making fabrics. You can also shop online on www.SarojFabrics.com for their various sherwani fabrics collection.
- You can check the below genre of the Fabrics:
- Brocade Fabrics – Browse through the lovely brocade fabrics, this is the first choice of the fabrics you can go for making the sherwani. Banarasi brocade has a a self gold shine in the fabric which gives richness to the occasion.
- Embroidered Fabrics – Scan the embroidered silk fabrics collection, the ready embroidered fabric highly reduces the cost as getting the embroidery done from karigar turns out more expensive. Base of the fabric can be cotton, velvet, raw silk, lucknowi chikankari, or more.
- Jacquard or Quilted Fabrics – Designers often look for jacquard fabrics which has self-design or quilted fabrics with plain or printed design.
- Fabric for the Bottom – For making the bottoms, you can select from wide range of colours of cotton silk, cotton satin or linen satin fabric.
- You might want to change the color of the sherwani after seeing the other lovely colors at this stage. Ask the staff at the fabric store to give you suggestion of the fabrics for the sherwani. The staff at Saroj Fabrics stores are professionally trained to show you the Sherwani making fabrics.
Client Diary of Saroj Fabrics :
Step 3: Get is Stitched
- Get a tailor to make your designer outfit come true. Visit your tailor, explain him the pattern what you have decided.
- Reference images works the best for the explanation to the tailors. Show him some reference image on how you want the sherwani to look.
- See if your design requires any extra embroidery to be done, speak to the karigars for the same.
- Request for the trial during the making process to check for the proper fit.
- Keep your excitement high while the outfit is getting ready.
You are ready for the Occasion! Walk with the confidence as you are the Designer of your own garment!
Share with us of how you designed your Sherwani, tag us on our social media pages. We will be more than happy to know and share your story with others to be encouraged too!
Instagram Link : https://www.instagram.com/SarojFabrics
Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/SarojFabrics
Saroj Fabrics Store Addresses :
The “Saroj Fabrics” Flagship Stores are located in Mumbai (Khar, Borivali), Pune and Jaipur!!! Shop Online at www.sarojfabrics.com
- Saroj Fabrics (Khar, Mumbai) : Jains Arcade, Shop No.2,4 or Basement, 14th Khar Danda Road, Off. Linking Road, Khar (West), Mumbai 400052. Tel: (022) 26000544 / 26487594 / 26055749. Whats app no: +91 9930027490. Directions : https://g.page/SarojFabrics
- Saroj Fabrics (Borivali, Mumbai) : Shop No. G40-41, Satra Park Building, Shimpoli Road, Borivali (West), Mumbai 400092. Tel: (022) 28996446 / 48. Whats app no: +91 9930027480. Directions : https://g.page/SarojFabricsMumbai
- Saroj Fabrics (Pune) : RK One, Dam Road, Off. Moledina Road, Next to Shantai Hotel, Rasta Peth, Camp, Pune 411011. Tel : (020) 26141242 / 43. Whatsapp no : +91 7774881824. Directions : https://g.page/SarojFabricsPune
- Saroj Fabrics (Jaipur) : Signature Towers, G-3, Opp. Nehru Bal Udyan, Behind Apex Bank, Tonk Road, Lalkothi, Jaipur 302007. Ph: 0141-2741005 / 06. WhatsApp no. : +91 8306522473. Directions : https://g.page/SarojFabricsJaipur
Hi, I read your blogs like every week. Your humoristic style is witty, keep doing what you're doing! Incredible! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a totally different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Great choice of colors! I truly love your website.. Very nice colors & theme. Did you make this website yourself? Please reply back as I'm planning to create my own blog and would like to know where you got this from or what the theme is named. Thank you! http://linux.com/
Thanks for finally talking about >Make your Designer Sherwani from Scratch
| Saroj Fabrics
Thanks for finally talking about >Make your Designer Sherwani from Scratch |
This is a very informative blog, thanks for sharing about diy designer wedding sherwani. It will help a lot; these types of content should get appreciated. I will bookmark your site; I hope to read more such informative contents in future. Great to find https://www.getethnic.com/ which has same kind of wonderful tips, if possible then visit.
One of the best and my favorite blog ever. Aala stuf and best quality.